Last week Badoo’s CMO Jessica Powell talked to Bloomberg Businessweek about the future of Google+, mobile, and our successful Freemium business model.
But towards the end, conversation turned towards MUCH more serious matters. When asked why someone would choose to work for Badoo rather than Google, Jessica, who is a Xoogler (that’s an ex-Googler to those not well-versed with the search giant’s whimsical terminology) said it’s exciting to work at a smaller company like Badoo, where everything moves very quickly and employees are able to work across a wide range of areas. She conceded that the food at Google is great.
Now while we agree with Jessica about why Badoo’s so exciting, we’d also like to suggest that Badoo food is none too shabby:
• A sunny kitchen with a direct view of the London Eye
• Huge fridges stuffed full of fresh snacks, yoghurt, fruit salad, organic chocolate, etc.
• All the Coca Cola and Red Bull you can drink (and almost certainly more than you SHOULD drink)
• An all-singing, all-dancing coffee machine that should by rights be wearing a “Barista” shirt
• Pastries every morning and cookies in the afternoon
• Kitchen shelf bursting with snacks in all shapes and sizes: some are healthy, some definitely not
• And on Fridays, we all get together for some lovely free beer (or wine, or cider…)!
Thank goodness for the discounted gym membership.
If you fancy joining us, check out the latest job opportunities at Badoo here!