During our founder Andrey Andreev’s recent tour of some of the biggest tech events in Europe, including Le Web and DLD, he unveiled impressive numbers about the success and popularity of Badoo around the world.
2011 was crazy and wonderful for us at Badoo. And, as we look ahead to 2012, we thought it was a great time to take a moment and recap some of the things we’re most proud of and give you a sneak peek of what’s to come.
Ok, brag time:
- Badoo now has more than 135 million registered users globally, in more than 180 countries, which is a pretty hefty chunk (6.4% to be exact) of the 2.1 billion Internet users worldwide.
- Every month, more than 35 million users actively log in and use Badoo.
- Badoo users upload about 3 million photos every day; a figure that’s closing in on the 4.5 million uploads a day on the photo site Flickr.
- Our users now have access to slick and popular Android and iPhone apps, as well as access to Badoo on the Web and WAP (mobile web).
- In fact, we’re one of the top grossing iPhone apps around the world
- And last but definitely not least – we’re a profitable company, having already registered more than $150 million in gross platform sales, which means we can continually re-invest in our product and our people and deliver the best experience to our user worldwide.
Yep, we’re not called “the world’s largest social network for meeting new people” for nothing you know ;)
So enough bragging, what are we doing next?
In a nutshell, coming to the U.S. We’ve actually been growing at a rapid pace in the U.S. for a while, adding more and more users every day who want to shake up their social life and meet new people.
Now that 2012 is here, we’re aiming to put Badoo firmly on the map in the U.S. We have exciting plans to unveil (check back here for more details as we’re sworn to secrecy right now), which will involve you, our users, in many creative and exciting ways.
Of course, we’ll also continue to make cool product updates in 2012– building upon the launch of some pretty cool new stuff on our Android app, which includes “live wallpaper” and new widgets that let you play with Badoo from your homescreen, even while you do other things.We’re pretty pumped about the U.S. opportunity and hope to become one of America’s most popular imports – a bit like our hometown hero David Beckham!
After an incredible 2011, here’s to an amazing 2012!