Even by our crazy standards, the last couple of months have been really huge for us here at Badoo. We held our fabulous US launch, showcased our new advertising campaign, and of course, announced our new COO Ben Ling. And the good news doesn’t stop there!
Today, we’re really excited to announce that Badoo has now surpassed 150 million registered users around the world.
This is a significant milestone for us, as we look to fulfil our mission – making it easy, fast and fun to meet new people – on a worldwide scale.
And of course, for our loyal Badooers, who tell us their stories from all corners of the globe, it means there are more and more people to chat to, connect with and socialize with.
Here are some other facts and figures about how Badoo is growing:
- More than 60% growth year on year (Source: comScore)
- More than 35 million active users per month worldwide (Source: comScore)
- Our more established regions of Southern Europe and Latin America continue to show strong growth
- Newer markets such as the US, UK, Germany and Russia are growing fast, and are now in Badoo’s top ten markets worldwide
- Badoo now adds more than 125,000 new users every day
- Mobile usage has grown by 100% since November 2011 – and, more people in the US now sign up for Badoo via mobile than on web
- Badoo is now used in 40 different languages in 180 countries. Can you say “international?”
And of course, as our users grow, so does the company. We are hiring across a range of positions and offices, so spread the word!
Thank you to all of our loyal users, and welcome to the new ones! Here’s to more great times at Badoo – cheers!