Hey Girl, You Didn't Vote for Me? Tebow & Clooney Beat Ryan Gosling in Popularity Primaries
New Study From Badoo Reveals Male Celebs People Most Want to Hang Out With
- Denver Broncos' QB Tim Tebow is the male celebrity that Americans would most like to hang out with, according to 30 percent of consumers
- More people would prefer a little quality "Tebow Time" to hanging out with Oscar hopefuls George Clooney (20 percent), Brad Pitt (10 percent) and even Tumblr sensation Ryan Gosling (6 percent)
- Democrats would most prefer to hang out with George Clooney (30.5 percent), while Republicans would most prefer spending their downtime with Tim Tebow (52.7 percent)
- "Sexiest Man Alive" Bradley Cooper isn't top of this list. Only 4 percent of people said they would most prefer to hang out with the Hangover star
- Jersey Shore is on the outs -- less than 1 percent of people said that The Situation was the male celeb they would most like to hang out with
A new survey commissioned by Badoo, the world's largest social network for meeting new people, today reveals that Denver Broncos' Quarterback, Tim Tebow, is the male celebrity that people would most like to hang out with, with 30 percent of respondents saying yes to some "Tebow Time."
In fact, Tebow was more popular as a fantasy celeb friend than Oscar hopefuls and best buds, George Clooney (20 percent of the vote) and Brad Pitt (10 percent); while also edging out Ryan Gosling, who trailed with only 6 percent of the vote, despite his huge success and popularity in 2011. But while men are overwhelmingly sure Tebow is the one for them (38 percent), women are understandably split between Tebow and Clooney, each of whom had 24 percent of the female vote.
Does Politics Make A Difference?
And in an election year, it seems that politics might split people's fantasy friend allegiances too. Although Tim Tebow was the most popular overall among respondents, Democrats (30.5 percent) would most prefer to hang out with George Clooney (35 percent of Democrats voted for him), while Republicans would most prefer to hang out with Tim Tebow (52.7 percent of Republicans).
"Sexiest Man Alive" Trails the "A-Team" of George, Brad & Ryan
Despite winning People magazine's ultimate accolade in 2011, Hangover star Bradley Cooper didn't fare as well when it came to this list. With only 4 percent of respondents picking Cooper, he trailed the triumvirate of George Clooney, Brad Pitt and Ryan Gosling, (not to mention Tebow, who reigned supreme). Married women made a strong show of support for Brad Pitt by bringing more than double the votes of married men (15 percent to 6 percent). Cooper instead ranked equal with Charlie Sheen (also at 4 percent) and just ahead of Jersey Shore's The Situation, who came last on the list.
Louise Thompson, a spokesperson for Badoo.com, which carried out the study, commented:"We've all done it at one time or another -- imagined a celeb as our fantasy BFF. Perez Hilton even made a career out of it. "But even if you're not rubbing shoulders with these guys at the Oscars or the ESPYS, we know that people often want to hang out with others who share what they're passionate about, whether it's a love of sports, film, politics, or something totally random. At Badoo.com, we help our users meet like-minded people who share their interests, making it easy, fast and fun to meet new people."